Kelly Flannery, PhD, RN
You are here:
Assistant Professor, FCH
Phone Number: 410-706-5470
- PhD, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, 2011
- MS, Community/Public Health, University of Maryland at Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, 2008
- BSN, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2005
- AA, Nursing, Community College Of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2003
Areas of interest:
- Worksite health promotion
- Exercise and nutrition interventions for cardiovascular health
- Health disparities
- Flannery, K., Resnick, B., Galik, B., Lipscomb, J. (2011). Physical Activity and Diet Focused Worksite Health Promotion with Direct Care Workers. J Nurs Adm., 41(6), 245-7.
- Sorensen, G., Landsbergis, P., Hammer, L., Amick,B., Linnan, L., Yancey, A., Welch, L., Goetzel, R., Flannery, K., Pratt, C & the Workshop Working Group on Worksite Chronic Disease Prevention (2011). Preventing Chronic Disease At the Workplace: A Workshop Report and Recommendations. American Journal of Health Promotion. 101 (Suppl 1), 196-207.
- Lipscomb, J., London, M., Chen, Y.M., Flannery, K., Watt, M., Geiger Brown, J., Johnson, J.V., McPhaul, K., (2012). Workplace Violence Prevention in State-Run Residential Addiction Treatment Centers. Work: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment & Rehabilitation. 42(1), 47-56.
- Flannery, K. Resnick, B, Galik, E., Lipscomb, J., McPhaul, K., Shaughnessy, M. (2012). The worksite heart health improvement project (WHHIP): Testing the feasibility and efficacy. Public Health Nursing. 25 (5), 455-466.
- Flannery, K. Resnick, B, Galik, E., Lipscomb, J., McPhaul, K., (2012). Assessment of reliability and validity of the Job Attitude Scale. Geriatric Nursing. 33(6), 465-472.
- Flannery, K. Resnick, B, McMullen, T. (2012). The impact of the worksite heart health improvement project (WHHIP) on workability. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 54 (11), 1406-12.
- Flannery, K., Resnick, B (2014). Nursing assistants’ response to participation in the pilot Worksite Heart Health Improvement Project (WHHIP): A qualitative study. Journal of Community Health Nursing. Volume 31 (1), 49-60.
- Flannery, K. Burket, T.L., Resnick, B (2014). Exercise habits of licensed nurses and nursing assistants: are they meeting national guidelines? Geriatric Nursing. 35 (2 Suppl), S17-20.
- Flannery, K., Resnick, B., Akpadiaha, I., McMullen, T. (2014). The cardiovascular health status of minority female nursing assistants working in long-term care: a pilot study. Heart and Lung. 43(3), 177-82.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Community/Public Health didactic
- Community/Public Health clinical
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2012-Present: Faculty practice at Paul’s Place, Inc. as the Director of Health and Wellness