Kathleen M. Buckley, PhD, RN, IBCLC
Associate Professor, FCH
- PhD, Medical Anthropology, Catholic University of America, School of Arts and Sciences, Washington, DC, 1997
- MA, Medical Anthropology, Catholic University of America, School of Arts and Sciences, Washington, DC, 1990
- MS, Maternal-Child Nursing, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 1976
- BS, Nursing, University of Maryland, School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 1973
- Co-Principal Investigator, “Community-Based Clinical eStorefront & In-Home Bio-Medical (TeleHealth) Access Certification Training Program,” U.S. Department of Commerce Technology Opportunities Program, $84,000 (2004-2007).
- Principal Investigator, “Use of Digital Images in Home Care as a Supplement to Distant Wound Consultation by a Wound Ostomy Continent (WOC) Nurse,” Grant-in-Aid, The Catholic University of America, $2,000 (2004).
- Co-Principal Investigator, “Acceptance/Use of Telehealth Technologies by Caregivers of Stroke Patients in the Home Setting.” Funded by NIDDR & US Dept. of Education and Whitaker Foundation, $80,000 (2000-2003).
- Holaday, S.D., Buckley, K.M., & Miklancie, M.A. (2010). Accelerated Nursing Programs: Meeting the Challenges. In L. Caputi (Ed.). Teaching Nursing: The Art & Science, (2nd ed.). Glen Ellyn, IL: College of DuPage Press.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Burke-Bebee, S., Wilson, M., & Buckley, K.M. (2012). Building health information technology capacity. They may come but will they use it? CIN: Computer, Informatics, Nursing, 30(10), 547-553.
- Newhouse, R., Buckley, K.M., Grant, M.S., & Idzik, S. (In Press). Reconceptualization fo doctoral EBP course from in-class to blended format: Lessons learned. Journal of Professional Nursing.
- Buckley, K.M., & Rietschel, M. (2012). Training and instructional strategies for use of web conferencing in nursing education. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing 30(11), 569-576.
- Agazio, J.G., & Buckley, K.M. (2012). Revision of a parental stress scale for use on a pediatric general care unit. Pediatric Nursing, 38(2), 82-87.
- Agazio, J.G., & Buckley, K.M. (2010). Finding a balance: Health promotion challenges of military women. Health Care for Women International, 31(9), 848-868.
- Buckley, K.M. (2009). A double-edged sword: Lactation consultants’ perceptions of the impact of breast pumps upon the practice of breastfeeding. Journal of Perinatal Education, 18(2), 13-22.
- Buckley, K.M., Adelson, L.K., Agazio, J.G. (2009). Reducing the Risks of Wound Consultation: Adding Digital Images to Verbal Reports. Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing, 36(2), 163-170.
- Agazio, J.G., & Buckley, K.M. (2009). An untapped resource: Using YouTube in nursing education. Nurse Educator, 34(1), 23-28.
- Buckley, K.M., Tran, B.Q., Agazio, J.G., & Wuertz, E.M. (2008). A community-based telehealth programme for elderly low-income African Americans. Journal on Information Technology in Healthcare, 6(6), 400-412.
- Buckley, K.M., & Charles, G.M. (2006). Benefits and challenges of transitioning preterm infants to at-breast feedings. International Breastfeeding Journal, 1(13). Retrieved online from http://www.internationalbreastfeedingjournal.com/content/1/1/13
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NDNP 807: Information Systems and Technology for the Improvement and Transformaton of Health Care
- NDNP 804: Theoretical and Philosophical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- NDNP 810: Capstone Project Identification I
- NDNP 811: Capstone Project Identification II
- NURS 659: Organizational and Professional Dimensions of Advanced Nursing Practice
- NURS 308: Nursing Care of Infants And Children: A Family Perspective
- NURS 517: Nursing Care of Infants and Children: A Family Perspective for the Clinical Nurse Leader
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2009 – Present: Maryland Breastfeeding Coalition, Webmaster
- 2009 - 2011: AACN Faculty Development Working Group, Member
- 2004 – Present: Council on Nursing and Anthropology (CONAA), Member
- 1998 - Present: International Lactation Consultant's Association, Member
- 1997 – Present: American Anthropological Association, Member