Joan Davenport, PhD, RN
Assistant Professor, OSAH
- PhD, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2000
- MSN, Cardiovascular Clinical Nurse Specialist, University of Alabama, Birmingham, 1982
- BSN, Nursing, Salisbury State University, 1979
- “Light Measurement in Critical Care Environments” Study conducted in partial fulfillment of objectives of doctoral study at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
- “Understanding the Experiences of New Graduate Nurses Entering Critical Care Practice” Dissertation topic under investigation in fulfillment of objectives of doctoral study at the University of Maryland School of Nursing.
- “CNL-APN Team Based Learning and Collaboration: The Next Paradigm in Nursing Education” Dean’s Teaching Scholars 2007-2008. Sabol and Davenport as Co-Principle Investigators
- UMB Center for Pain Studies P-30 Pilot PI: Incidence, clinical features, and biological correlates of oral mucositis-related pain in patients with cancer of the esophagus or gastro-esophageal junction receiving combined chemo-radiation. This is one of 5 pilots from this P-30.
- Davenport, J. (2010). Acute Renal Dysfunction. In Wagner, K. D., Johnson, K., and Kidd, P.S. (Eds.) High Acuity Nursing. (5th ed), Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
- Davenport, J. and Wulf, J. (2009). Patient assessment: Integumentary system. In P.G. Morton, D.K. Fontaine, Critical care nursing: a holistic approach. (9th ed). Philadelphia: Lippincott.
- Davenport, J. (2009). Anatomy and physiology of the integumentary system. In P.G. Morton, D.K. Fontaine, C.M. Hudak, & B.M. Gallo (Eds.). Critical care nursing: a holistic approach. (9th ed). Philadelphia: Lippincott.
- Doerfler, E. & Davenport, J. (2003). Immunologic wellness and illness. In M. Condon (Ed.). Women’s health: Body, mind, spirit: an integrated approach to wellness and illness. New York: Prentice Hall.
- Davenport, J. & Morton, P.G. (1997). Identifying nonischemic causes of life-threatening arrhythmias. American Journal of Nursing, 97(11), 50-56.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Adult Health
- Health Care Assessment
Academic & Professional Activities:
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Nursing Association
- 2009-2010: University of Maryland Baltimore Faculty Senator
- 2008-2010: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society, Pi Chapter undergraduate counselor
- 2007-2010: Graduate Program Directors Group
- 2006-2010: Associate Membership, Graduate School
- 2006-2010: Alumni Executive Board Member
- 2005-2010: Entry Level Course Directors
- 2010: Search Committee, Assistant Director Clinical Simulation Labs
- 2010: Search Committee, Director Clinical Simulation Labs
- 2007-2009: Doctor of Nursing Practice Committee
- 2006-2007: Fall Lecture Series Advisory Group
- 2006-2007: Process Improvement Committee
- 2006-2007: Recruitment and Retention Committee, OSAH
- 2006-2007: Ad Hoc Search Committee, FCH Department Chair
- 2005-2007: Student Affairs Committee
- 2007: Ad Hoc Search Committee, Director Simulation Lab
2007: Undergraduate Admissions Committee