Janice Hoffman, PhD, RN, ANEF
You are here:
Assistant Dean for the Baccalaureate Program
Associate Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-8602
Fax Number: 410-706-7832
- PhD, Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2006
- MSN (Nursing Education), California State University, Fresno, 1988
- BSN, Nursing, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1979
- Hoffman, J. J. (2010). Chapter 1 - Test Taking Strategies in Flagg and Sloan's Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Review. Boston: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Hoffman, J. J. (2008). Teaching Strategies to Facilitate Nursing Students' Critical Thinking. In M. Oermann's, Annual Review of Nursing Education.
- Hoffman, J. J. (2008). Toward a Better Understanding of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis . Home Healthcare Nurse: The Journal for the Home Care and Hospice Professional. 26(6), 337 – 344.
- Hoffman, J. J. (2007). Contributor (72 case studies) to Smeltzer, Brunner, and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing (11th ed.). Lippincott.
- Newhouse, R., Hoffman, J. Suflita, J. & Hairston, D. (2007). Evaluating an innovative program to improvenew nurse graduate socialization into the acute healthcare setting. Nursing Administrative Quarterly, 31(1), 50 – 60.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 487: Clinical Emphasis Practicum
- NURS 787: Theory of Teaching and Learning
- NURS 792: Practicum in Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions
Academic & Professional Activities
- 2009: Secretary, Maryland Nurses Association
- 2009-2010: NSGA Faculty Advisor
- 2007-2009: Treasurer, Maryland Nurses Association, District 3
- 2002: 2003 National Council Licensure Examination Item Reviewer
- 2001: Present Sigma Theta Tau International, Nu Beta Chapter