Gina C. Rowe, PhD, DNP, MPH, FNP-BC, PHCNS-BC, CNE
Assistant Professor, USG
Coordinator, DNP FNP Specialty at the Universities at Shady Grove
Building I, Room 306 at USG
- PhD, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 2013
- DNP, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 2010
- Certificate in Public Health Informatics, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, 2010
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 2007
- MSN and MPH, Johns Hopkins University Schools of Nursing and Public Health, Baltimore, MD, 2002
- BSN, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 1999
- BA, International Studies, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE, 1988
- BA, General Science, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE, 1988
- Project Director, Advanced Nursing Education Grant (DNP),Health Resources and Services Administration, South Dakota State University, 2012-2014.
- Pediatric Obesity Prevention in the Family/School/Community Context: A Pilot Project, South Dakota State University Scholarly Excellence Award, 2012-2013.
- FNP Health Assessment & Health Promotion in Primary Care, University of Maryland Dean’s Teaching Scholars Award, 2011-2012.
- Geographic Information Systems to Support Quality Improvement in Health, University of Maryland School of Nursing Alumni grant, 2009.
- Burdette, L., Rowe, G.C., Johansen, L., Nagelhout, E., Lewis, K., Kerkvliet, J. and Fahrenwald, N. (2014). A statewide assessment of smoke-free policy in multiunit housing settings. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, published online July 23, 2014.
- Rowe, G.C. Epidemiology, chapter 7 in Maurer, F. A. and Smith, C. M. (2013). Community/Public Health Nursing Practice – Health for Families and Populations, 5th Edition. Elsevier: St. Louis.
- Randall, B., Burdette, L., Rowe, G.C., Kerkvliet, J. and Fahrenwald, N. (2013). Listen to the people: Perceptions of the South Dakota Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan. Report submitted to the SD Department of Health July 22, 2013.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 631: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Practicum
- NURS 660: Health Assessment
- NURS 640: FP III - Management of Complex Health Care Problems
- NURS 644: FP III - Management of Complex Health Care Problems Practicum
- NURS 731: FP IV Integrative Management of Primary Health Care Problems
- NURS 741: FP IV Integrative Management of Primary Health Care Problems Practicum
Academic & Professional Activities
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Morris Blum, Anne Arundel Medical Center Community Outreach Clinic, Annapolis, MD
- Member, Geographic Information Systems Users Group, University of Maryland Baltimore
- Member, Maryland Nurses Association and American Nurses Association
- Member, American Public Health Association
- Member, American Association of Nurse Practitioners