Gail Schoen Lemaire, PhD, PMHCNS, BC, CNL
You are here:
Director, CNL Program
Associate Professor, FCH
Phone Number: 410-706-4914
Fax Number: 410-706-0253
- PhD, Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- MSN, Psychiatric Nursing, University of Texas, San Antonio, Texas
- BSN, Nursing, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Funded Research 1; Principal Investigator: Depression, Well-being, and Uncertainty in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Pilot study: University of Maryland School of Medicine Women's Health Research Group
- Funded Research 2;Principal Investigator: Patient's Perceptions of Student-Nurse Provided Care in Psychiatric Settings (Student Nurse Appraisal by Patients - SNAP) Pilot study: University of Maryland School of Nursing Dean's Teaching Scholar Award.
- Funded Research 3;Principal Investigator: Depression and Well-being in Women with Androgen Excess. Pilot study: University of Maryland School of Nursing.
- Lemaire, G.S. & Mallik, K. (2008). Understanding barriers to supported employment for persons with developmental disabilities. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. 22(3), 147- 155.
- Lemaire, G.S. & Mallik, K. (2005) Barriers to Community Integration for Participants in Community-Based Psychiatric Rehabilitation. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 19, 125-132.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NRSG 668 and 669: Differential Diagnosis of Mental Disorders across the Lifespan
- NURS 701: Science and Research for Advanced Nursing Practice
Academic & Professional Activities
- Program Liaison, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation New Careers in Nursing Scholarship Program
- Clinical Nurse Specialist and Psychotherapist, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- Volunteer Psychotherapist, Pro-bono Counseling Center