Gail Lemaire, PhD, PMH/CNS, BC
You are here:
Director, CNL Program
Associate Professor, FCH
Phone Number: 410-706-4914
Fax Number: 410-706-0253
- BSN, Nursing, Boston University, Boston, MA, 1971
- MSN, Psychiatric Nursing, University of Texas, San Antonio, Texas, 1978
- PhD, Nursing, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 1996
- Funded Research 1; Principal Investigator: Depression, Well-being, and Uncertainty in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Pilot study: University of Maryland School of Medicine Women's Health Research Group
- Funded Research 2;Principal Investigator: Patient's Perceptions of Student-Nurse Provided Care in Psychiatric Settings (Student Nurse Appraisal by Patients - SNAP) Pilot study: University of Maryland School of Nursing Dean's Teaching Scholar Award.
- Funded Research 3;Principal Investigator: Depression and Well-being in Women with Androgen Excess. Pilot study: University of Maryland School of Nursing.
- Lemaire, G.S. & Mallik, K. (2005) In-Press. Barriers to Community Integration for Participants in Community-Based Psychiatric Rehabilitation. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing.
- Lemaire, G.S. (2004). More than just menstrual cramps: Symptoms and uncertainty among women with endometriosis. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 33, 71-79.
- Lemaire, G.S., & Mallik, K. (2004). Lemaire, G.S. & Mallik, K. Factors Influencing Community-Based Rehabilitation for Persons with Co-occurring Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Disorders.Journal of Addictions Nursing, 15, 15-22.
- Lemaire, G.S. & Mallik, K. (2003). "High/School High/Tech: Promoting career exploration in technology for youth with learning disabilities and behavioral disorders. Journal of Vocational Special Needs Education, 24, 3, 30-38.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 402: Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
Academic & Professional Activities
- Activity 1; Psychiatric Rehabilitation Research and Evaluation, Alliance, Inc.
- Activity 2; American Association of Colleges of Nursing: Helene Fuld Academic Leadership Fellow (2004-2005)