Fran Valle, DNP, MS, CRNP
You are here:
Assistant Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-6836
Fax Number: 410-706-0344
- DNP, University of Maryland Baltimore, 2010
- Post-Masters Certificate, Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions, University of Maryland Baltimore, 2009
- MS, Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 1999
- BS, Nursing, York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA, 1986
- Co-Investigator: Comparative Effectiveness of Treatment for Venous Leg Ulcers
- Co-investigator: Review of Negative Pressure Wound Therapies
- Wound Healing
- Rhee SM, Valle MF, Wilson LM, Lazarus G, Zenilman J, Robinson KA. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Technologies For Chronic Wound Care in the Home Setting. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. <#>. (Prepared by the Johns Hopkins University Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-201-200007-I.) AHRQ Publication No. XX-EHCXXX-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. August 2014. www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov.
- Valle, M. F., Maruthur, N. M., Wilson, L. M., Malas, M., Qazi, U., Haberl, E., Bass, E. B., Zenilman, J. and Lazarus, G. (2014). Comparative effectiveness of advanced wound dressings for patients with chronic venous leg ulcers: A systematic review. Wound Repair and Regeneration, 22(2): 193–204. doi: 10.1111/wrr.12151
- Lazarus G, Valle MF, Malas M, Qazi U, Maruthur N, Zenilman J et al. Chronic Venous Leg Ulcer Treatment: Future Research needs. Future Research Needs Paper No. 34 (Prepared by the Johns Hopkins University Evidence-Based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2007-10061-I.) AHRQ Publication No.13-EHC034-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. November 2013. Addendum added January 2014. www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/reports/final.cfm
- Lazarus, G., Valle, M.F., Malas, M, Qazi, U., Maruthur, N., Doggett, D., Fawole, O., Bass, E. & Zenilman, J. (2014). Chronic venous leg ulcer treatment: Future research needs. Wound Repair and Regeneration 22(1), 34-42.
- Malas, M., Qazi, U, Lazarus, G., Valle, M.F., Wilson, L., Haberl, E., Bass, E., & Zenilman, J. (2014). Systematic review of the comparative effectiveness of surgical interventions aimed at treating underlying venous pathology in patients with chronic venous ulcer. Journal of Vascular Surgery Venous and Lymphatic Disorders 2(2), 212-225.
- Zenilman J., Valle, M.F., Malas M, Maruthur N, Qazi U, Suh Y, Wilson L, Haberl E, Bass EB, Lazarus G. Chronic venous ulcers: A comparative effectiveness review of treatment modalities. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. December 2013. Erratum January 2014. www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/reports/final.cfm.
Primary Teaching Areas
- NURS 319/503: Health Assessment Across the Lifespan
Academic & Professional Activities
- Reviewer, Geriatric Nursing
- Member, National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy
- Member, Course Directors Committee
- Member, Admissions Committee, Clinical Nurse Leader Program