Fran Valle, DNP, MS, CRNP
Assistant Professor, OSAH
- DNP: University of Maryland Baltimore, 2010
- Post-Masters Certificate: Teaching in Nursing and Health Professions, University of Maryland Baltimore, 2009
- MS, Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland Baltimore, 1999
- BS, Nursing, York College of Pennsylvania, York, PA, 1986
- Co-Investigator: Comparative Effectiveness of Treatment for Venous Leg Ulcers
- Co-investigator for review of negative pressure wound therapies
- Wound healing
- Lazarus G, Valle MF, Malas M, Qazi U, Maruthur N, Zenilman J et al. Chronic venous leg ulcer treatment: future research needs (2013). Future Research Needs Paper No. 34 (Prepared by the Johns Hopkins University Evidence-Based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2007-10061-I.) AHRQ Publication No.13-EHC034-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (In press).
- Lazarus, G., Valle, M.F., Malas, M, Qazi, U., Maruthur, N., Doggett, D., Fawole, O., Bass, E. & Zenilman, J. (2013). Chronic venous leg ulcer treatment: Future research needs. Wound Repair and Regeneration (In press).
- Malas, M., Qazi, U, Lazarus, G., Valle, M.F., Wilson, L., Haberl, E., Bass, E., & Zenilman, J. (2013). Systematic review of the comparative effectiveness of surgical interventions aimed at treating underlying venous pathology in patients with chronic venous ulcer. Society of Clinical Vascular Surgery (In press).
- Zenilman J., Valle, M.F., Malas M, Maruthur N, Qazi U, Suh Y, Wilson L, Haberl E, Bass EB, Lazarus G. (2013). Chronic venous ulcers: A comparative effectiveness review of treatment modalities. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. [In Press]
Primary Teaching Areas:
- Course Director: NURS 333/503 Health Assessment
- NDNP 811: Scholarly Project Development
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Reviewer, Geriatric Nursing
- National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy, member
- Course Directors Committee
- Admissions Committee for the Clinical Nurse Leader Program