Debra A. Scrandis, PhD, FNP-BC, FPMHNP-BC
Associate Professor, FCH
Phone Number: 410-706-3770
Fax Number: 410-706-0253
- Post MS, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 2013
- PhD, Nursing, Barry University, Miami Shores, FL, 2003
- MS, Community Health Nursing and Family Nurse Practitioner, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 1994
- BS, Nursing, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA, 1989
- Qualitative Methods
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Integrative Medicine
Primary Teaching Areas
- Scrandis, D.A., Siddiqi, H.A., & Postolache, T. (2010). No impact of gonadal steroid levels on the association between C-reactive protein and prepartum depression scores. International Journal of Disability and Human Development, 9 (1-2)
- Okusaga, O., Yolken, RH, Langenberg, P, Lapidus, M, Arling, TA, Dickerson, FB, Scrandis, DA, Severance, E, Cabassa, JA, Balis, T, & Postolache, T (2010). Association of Seropositivity for Influenza and Coronaviruses with History of Mood Disorders and Suicide Attempts; Journal of Affective Disorders.
- Reeves, G.M., Cabassa, J., Kwan, M., Lapidus, M., Scrandis, DA, et al (2011). A dim red light controlled trial of mood improvement with one hour of light treatment in patients with seasonal affective disorder: A preliminary report. Journal of Alternative Medicine Research, 2(2), 223-228.
- Manalai, P., Hamilton, RG, Langenberg, P., Kosisky, SE, Lapidus, M., Sleemi, A., Scrandis, DA et al. (2012). Pollen-specific immunoglobin E positivity is associated with worsening of depression scores in bipolar disorder patients during high pollen season. Bipolar Disorders, 14, 90-98.
- Watt, M. & Scrandis, D.A. (2013). Traumatic childhood exposures in the lives of male perpetrators of female intimate partner violence. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, published online 24 May 2013 DOI: 10.1177/088260513488694
- Scrandis, D.A. & Watt, M. (2013). Antidepressant medication management in primary care: Not just another pill. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 9(7), 449-457.
Academic & Professional Activities
- 1999 - Present: Member, American Nurses Association
- 2010 - Present: Member, Marce Society International
- 2012 - Present: Member, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty
- 2012 - Present: Member, American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- 2012 - Present: Conference Planning Committee, Nurse Practitioner Association of Maryland
- 2013 - Present: Member, American Association of Nursing Practitioners