Debra Scrandis, BC, CRNP, PhD
Assistant Professor, FCH
- PhD, Nursing, Barry University, Miami Shores, FL, 2003
- MS, Family Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 1994
- BS, Nursing, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA, 1989
- Co-investigator “Inflammation as a Possible Factor in the Development of Postpartum Depression”. Mood and Anxiety Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine. October 2006 to September 2007. 20% effort. Funded by the Department of Psychiatry.
- Co-investigator “Seasonality of Depression and Airborne Allergens”. Mood and Anxiety Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine. February 2007 to present. 10% effort. Funded by NIMH R21 MH075891-01 A1 PI Postolache
- Family Nurse Practitioner “Imaging Research on Impulsivity, Stress and Drug Abuse” University of Maryland School of Nursing. July 2008-present. 10% effort. NIH/NIDA R01DA022433 Lynn M. Oswald (PI) 7/1/2008 – 4/30/2013
- Scrandis, D.A., Siddiqi, H.A., & Postolache, T. (2010). No impact of gonadal steroid levels on the association between C-reactive protein and prepartum depression scores. International Journal of Disability and Human Development, 9 (1-2).
- Arling, T., Yolken, R., Lapidus, M., Langenberg, P., Dickerson, F., Zimmerman, S., Scrandis, D. et al. (2009). Attempting suicide in patients with recurrent mood disorders: Relationship with Toxoplamsa gondii antibody titers. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 197(12), 905-8.
- Postolache, T., Langenberg, P., Zimmerman, S., Lapidus, M., Komarow, H., McDonald, J., Furst, N., Dzhanashvili, N, Scrandis, D. et al. (2008). Changes in severity of allergy and anxiety symptoms are positively correlated in patients with recurrent mood disorders who are exposed to seasonal peaks of aeroallergens. International Journal of Child Health and Human Development, 1(3), 313-322.
- Scrandis, D., Langenberg, P., Tonelli, L., Sheikh, T., Manogura, A., Alberico, L. Et al. (2008). Prepartum depressive symptoms correlate positively with C-reactive protein levels and negatively with tryptophan levels: A preliminary report. International Journal of Child Health and Human Development, 1(2), 167-174.
- Postolache, T., Lapidus, M., Sander, E., Langenberg, P., Hamilton, R., Soriano, J., McDonald, J., Furst, N., Bai, J., Scrandis, D. et al. (2007). Allergy symptoms are related to the severity of depression scores in patients with recurrent mood disorders: A preliminary report. ScientificWorld Journal, 7, 1968-1977.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NURS 407: Maternal, Newborn, and Women’s Health Nursing: A Family Perspective, 2007-present
- NURS 508: Community/Public Health Nursing for the Clinical Nurse Leader-clinical instructor, 2009 to present
- NURS 509: Maternal, Newborn and Women’s Health Nursing: A Family Perspective for the Clinical Nurse Leader, 2006 to present
- NURS 701: Scientific Research for Advance Nursing Practice, 2007 to present
- NURS 815: Qualitative Methods in Nursing Research, 2009 to present
- NURS 819: Research Rotation for Doctoral Student
Academic & Professional Activities:
- 2007-Present: Faculty Advisor, Doctoral Student Organization
- 2007-Present: PhD Admissions and Progression Advisory Committee
- 2008-Present: Doctoral Preliminary Exams Committee
- 2008-Present: PhD Curriculum Committee
- Pi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetrical, and Neonatal Nurses
- American Nurses Association