Chris Ward, PhD
You are here:
Associate Professor, OSAH
Phone Number: 410-706-3618
- BS – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MS – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- PhD - Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
- Cellular determinants of functional performance in striated muscle
- Calcium signaling in striated muscle
- Ward CW, WJ Lederer, “Ghost Sparks” Nature Cell Biology (News and Views), (7) 457-459, May 2005.
- Ward CW, JH Williams, and WG Kerrick, ”Fiber Type Differences in the Ca2+ Activation of Force and Actomyosin ATPase Activity”, Basic and Applied Myology, (14) 285-290, 2004.
- Ward CW ,W Feng, J. C Tu, IN Pessah, PK Worley, and MF Schneider, ”Homer protein increases activation of Ca2+ sparks in permeablized skeletal muscle”, J. Biol. Chem., 279(7):5781-5787, Feb 13th 2004.
- Ward CW, S. Reiken, A.R. Marks, I. Marty, G. Vassort and A. Lacampagne (2003) “Defects in ryanodine receptor calcium release in skeletal muscle from post-myocardial infarcted rats”FASEB J. 10.1096/fj.02-1083, online June 3, 2003.
- Reiken S, Lacampagne A, Zhou H, Kherani A, Lehnart SE, Ward CW, Huang F, Gaburjakova M, Gaburjakova J, Rosemblit N, Warren MS, He KL, Yi GH, Wang J, Burkhoff D, Vassort G, Marks AR. “PKA phosphorylation activates the calcium release channel"
- Chun, LG CW Ward MF Schneider, “Ca2+ sparks are initiated by Ca2+ entry in embryonic mouse skeletal muscle and decrease in frequency postnatally”, Am J Physiol Cell Physiol (285), C686-C697, Sept, 2003.
- Schneider MF & CW Ward “Initiation and termination of calcium sparks in skeletal muscle”Frontiers in Biosciences Vol. 7: d1212-1222, May 1, 2002.