Catherine Kelleher, ScD, MPH, MS, RN
Associate Professor, OSAH
- ScD, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- MS, University of California San Francisco School of Nursing, San Francisco, CA
- BSN, Georgetown University School of Nursing, Washington, DC
- Principal Investigator, Impact of a Shortened MBSR Program on First Semester BSN Student Stress, Resilience, Mindfulness and Grade Point Average: A Pilot Randomized Intervention Trial, University of Maryland School of Nursing Dean’s Teaching Scholar Award (2012-2013)
- Co-Investigator, Weight Loss for Black Breast Cancer Survivors, Paul Calabresi Clinical Scholar K12 co-sponsored by NCI and the University of Maryland Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center (2009-2012)
- Principal Investigator, Home Care Outcomes of Expanded Home Health Aide Roles, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Grant (2003-2008)
- Principal Investigator, Testing Impact of Peer Advisor Models of Home Health Aide Intervention on Cost and Quality of Home Health Care and Incremental Cost and Quality of Care Impact of Alternative Protocol-Based Community Health Worker/Peer Advisor Models of Discharge Planning for Home Health Care, University of Maryland School of Nursing Developmental Research Initiative Fund Grant (2001-2002)
- Principal Investigator, Home Care Worker Community Health Worker Pilot Project, New York City Home Care Industry Benefit Fund Board of Trustees Grant (2000)
- Project Evaluator, Curriculum and Faculty Development for Community-Based Care, Helene Fuld Trust Grant (1998)
- Co-Principal Investigator, Pace University Lienhard School of Nursing – 1199 SEIU Home Care Industry Benefit Fund Health Care Utilization Pilot, Pace University Lienhard School of Nursing Grant (1998)
- Co-Principal Investigator and Project Director, Implementation & Evaluation of Health Outcomes and Evaluation (HOME ©) Plans for Home Health Patients with Diabetes, Health Services Quality Improvement Grants Program, NY State Department of Health (1997)
- Consultant and Staff, Home Care Research Initiative Program Office (HCRI) VNSNY Center for Home Care Policy and Research, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (1995-1997)
- Co-Principal Investigator and Project Director, Implementation & Evaluation of Health Outcomes and Evaluation (HOME ©) Plans for Home Health Patients with Congestive Heart Failure, Health Services Quality Improvement Grants Program, NY State Department of Health (1995-1997)
- Principal Investigator and Project Director, Predictors of Cancer Inpatient Length of Stay and Costs, National Institute for Nursing Research Grant (1990-1993)
- Principal Investigator and Project Director, Predictors of Length of Stay: A Comparison of Case Mix Adjustment Procedures and Suggested Correlates, Health Services Research Council, Bureau of Medical Services, U.S. Public Health Service Grant (1981-1983)
- Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. (2011). Maryland cancer control plan 2011-2020. Sherman, D.W., Evans, S., Alexander, C., Halstead, L.H., Kelleher, C., Kenworthy, C.M., Olsen, L.O., & Piet, L. Chapter 15, Palliative and hospice care.
- Feldman, P.H., Peng, T.R., Murtaugh, C.M., Kelleher, C., Donelson, S.J., McCann, M.E., & Putnam, M. (2004). A randomized intervention to improve heart failure outcomes in community-based home health care. Health Services Quarterly, 27 (1), 1-23.
- Lewenson, S., Anderson Keith, K., Kelleher, C. , & Polansky, E. (2002). Carrying on the legacy of LillianWald: Partnership with the Henry Street Settlement and the Lienhard School of Nursing at Pace University. Nursing Leadership Forum, 5(4), 118-121.
- Sedhom, L., Gerardi, T., King, K.B., Kelleher, C., Cesta, T. G., Donahue, R., Bove, A.F., & Oboyski, A.K. (2000). Disseminating nursing research to the consumer: An example of caring. The Journal of the New York State Nurses Association, 31 (2), 21-24.
- Feldman, H.R., Colombraro, G., Lewenson, S. B., Landa, J., Kelleher, C., Greenberg, M., Thomas, B., Brown, D., Shortridge-Baggett, L. (2000). The power of partnerships: Changing people and systems. Nursing and Health Care Perspectives, 21(6), 280-286.
- Association of Community Health Nursing Educators (ACHNE) Task Force on Essentials for Baccalaureate Education (Kaiser, K., chair, Callister, K., Carter, K., O’Hare, P.), & ACHNE Education Committee (Kelleher, C., chair, Abegglen, J., Aquilino, M., Lutz J.,Rosen, L., Willard, P.). (2000). Essentials of baccalaureate nursing education for entry level practice in community health nursing. Pensacola, FL: Author.
- Association of Community Health Nursing Educators (ACHNE) Task Force on Community/Public Health Masters Level Preparation (Laffrey, S. C., chair, Ervin, N.E., Glick, D.F., Kelleher, C., Kulbok, P.A., Schulte, J.A.), & ACHNE Education Committee (Kelleher, C., chair, Abegglen, J., Aquilino, M., Lutz, J., Rosen, L., Willard, P. (2000). Graduate education for advanced practice in community/public health nursing. Pensacola, FL: Author.
- Kelleher, C. (1994). Patient classification schemas: Do we still need them? In J. C. McCloskey, & H. K. Grace (Eds.). Current issues in nursing (4th ed.). St Louis, MO: C.V. Mosby (Invited Chapter).
- Kelleher, C. (1993). Relationship of physician ratings of severity of illness and difficulty of clinical management to length of stay. Health Services Research, 27 (6), 841-855.
- Kelleher, C. (1992). Validated indexes: Key to nursing acuity standardization. Nursing Economics, 10 (1), 31-37.
- Kelleher, C. (1989). A resource management, forecasting, and reimbursement system. In J.P. Enterline, R.E. Lenhard, & B.I. Blum (Eds.). A clinical information system for oncology (pp. 200-206). New York: Springer-Verlag.
Primary Teaching Areas:
- NURS 325: Context of Professional Nursing Practice
- NURS 418: Policy, Politics and Advocacy: Making Your Voice Heard
- NURS 418: Stress Relief via Mindfulness Interventions
Graduate Level Courses:
- NURS 507: Introduction to Nursing and the Clinical Nurse Leader Role
- NURS 810: Evidence-based Policy Development
- NURS 697: Policy, Politics and Advocacy: Making Your Voice Heard
- NRSG 663: Stress Relief via Mindfulness Interventions
Academic & Professional Activities:
- Faculty Advisor, Students United for Policy, Education and Research (SUPER), the University of Maryland School of Nursing Student Chapter of AcademyHealth
- American Public Health Association
- American Nurses Association
- Maryland Nurses Association
- Gerontological Society of America
- American Society on Aging