Catherine M. Haut, DNP, CPNP-AC, CPNP-PC, CCRN, FAANP
Assistant Professor, FCH
Phone Number: 410-706-4149
- DNP, University of Maryland School of Nursing School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 2010
- Post-Master's PNP Certificate, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, 1997
- MS, Neonatal and Perinatal Nursing, 1993
- BSN, College of Notre Dame of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 1982
- DNP Project: Implementation of a Program to Increase Pediatric Nurses’ Knowledge of and Improve Attitudes toward Pediatric Palliative Care. (2010).
- Dean’s Teaching Scholar: High Fidelity Simulation as an Objective Learning Experience for Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Students. (2012-2013).
- Cooper, V. & Haut, C. “Preventing Ventilator Associated Pneumonia in Children: An Evidence Based Protocol. (2013) Critical Care Nurse. Jun;33(3):21-9.
- Bolick BN, Bevacqua J, Kline-Tilford A, Reuter-Rice K, Haut C, McComiskey CA, Cavender JD, Verger JT. (2013) Recommendations for matching pediatric nurse practitioner education and certification to pediatric acute care populations Jan;27(1):71-7.
- Haut, C, Michaels, M & Moloney-Harmon, P. (2012) Implementation of a Program to Increase Pediatric Nurses’ Knowledge of and Improve Attitudes toward Pediatric Palliative Care. Journal of Palliative and Hospice Nursing.14(1):71-9.
- Bolick, B. N., Haut, C., Reuter-Rice, K., Leflore, J., McComiskey, C. A., Mikhailov, T. A., et. al. (2012) The acute care pediatric nurse practitioner: Curriculum overview. J Pediatr Health Care. May-Jun;26(3):231-7.
- May, 2010: The dose is right: or is it? Pharmacologic considerations in the NICU and PICU, American Association of Critical Care Nurses National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition., Washington, D.C.
- August 2010: Implementation of a Program to Increase Knowledge and Improve Attitudes toward Pediatric Palliative Care, Sinai Hospital Nursing Grand Rounds.
- April, 2011: Acute and Primary Care Nurse Practitioner: Panel Discussion. NONPF National Conference, Charleston, SC
- April, 2011: Unique Simulation Experiences in Advanced Pediatric Nursing. American Association of Colleges of Nurses Hot Issues in Nursing Education ,National Conference, Baltimore, MD
- April, 2011: Pediatric UTI: Simple infection to complex disease. National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD
- April, 2011: Gang wars: Violence on the streets and practice implications. National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners annual conference, Baltimore, MD
- May, 2011: Terrible toxic tales of the PICU. American Association of Critical Care Nurses: National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition. May,2011, Chicago.
- June 2011: Implementation of a program to increase knowledge and improve attitudes toward Pediatric Palliative Care. Pi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International.
- June, 2011: Implementation of an evidence-based pediatric palliative care project, poster presentation. Pediatric Nursing Conference, Orlando, FL.
- October, 2011: Toxicology tales of the PICU. Hershey/Penn State Annual Pediatric Conference, Hershey PA.
- March, 2012: Acute Care PNP Review Course Coordinator, NAPNAP National Conference, San Antonio, TX
- March, 2012: Using Simulation to Teach Communication, Drexel Simulation in Health Care Conference, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- April, 2012: Pediatric Palliative Care Evidence Update, Sigma Theta Tau, PI chapter meeting, Baltimore MD
- May, 2012: What Do You See When you Look in the Eyes of a Child. American Association of Critical Care Nurses: National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exhibition, Orlando, Florida
- April, 2013: Acute Care PNP Review Course Coordinator and lead Faculty, NAPNAP National Conference, Orlando, FL
- May, 2013: Palliative Care: Pain and symptom management, Pediatric Palliative Care Conference: Making Every Moment Count, Baltimore, MD
- March, 2014: Terrible toxic tales of 2013-2014, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, national conference, Boston, MA.
- April, 2014: Simulation vs classroom learning in pediatric acute care nurse practitioner education: Are they the same? NONPF national conference, Denver, CO.
Primary Teaching Areas
Acute and Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Programs
- NURS 611: Advanced Physical Assessment
- NRSG 709:Health Supervision of the Well Child I and II
- NRSG:713: Common Health Problems of Children I
- NRSG 716: Health Supervision of Well Child Clinical
- NRSG 732: Advanced Issues in Adolescent Care
- NRSG 733: Primary Care Clinical III NURS 714: Common Health Problems of Children II
- NRSG 715: Advanced Primary Care of Children
- NRSG 646: Advanced Practice Role Seminar
- NRSG 643: Pediatric Acute Care I: Diagnostic Reasoning
- NURS 624: Pediatric Acute Care Clinical I
- NRSG 730: Pediatric Acute Care II: Management and Evaluation
- NRSG 731: Pediatric Acute Care II Clinical
- NURS 645: Advanced Nursing of Children
Academic and Professional Activities
- Member, Pi Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Member, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
- Member, Maryland Chesapeake Chapter, NAPNAP
- Member, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF)
- Member, Association of Faculties of Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Programs (AFPNP)
- Member, Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Member, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Member, Chesapeake Bay Chapter of AACN
- 2014: President Elect, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- 2011-2013: AACN Representative, Committee to Write Competencies for Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- 2012–2014: Representative for NAPNAP to Edit National Pediatric Scope and Standards of Practice
- 2012: Fellow, Leadership in Nursing Academic Programs American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- 2012–2014: National STT Reviewer, Candidates for Research and Practice Awards, Reviewed Research and MS Scholarships
- 2006–2012: Member, National Conference Planning Committee, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- 2008–2014: Treasurer, MD – Chesapeake Chapter, NAPNAP
- 2008–2012: Pediatric NP Representative, Maryland State Board of Nursing Joint Committee on Collaborative Agreements
- 2011, 2012: Reviewer, NAPNAP SIG Student and Scholar Awards