Barbara Resnick, PhD, RN, CRNP, FAAN, FAANP
Sonya Ziporkin Gershowitz Chair in Gerontology
- BSN with Distinction, University of Connecticut Storrs, 1978
- MSN, University of Pennsylvania, 1982
- PhD, University of Maryland Baltimore, 1996
- Testing the effectiveness of the Res-Care-AL Intervention. Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Interdisciplinary Nursing Quality Research Initiative. 9/08 to 9/10.
- Pilot Testing of Res-Care-Acute Care. University of Maryland Medical Systems and the University of Maryland School of Nursing Research funding. 9/08 to 9/09.
- Effects of a Hip Fracture Prevention Website for Seniors. (Nahm, E.S., Principal Investigator; Resnick, B., Co-investigator). Funded by the National Institute of Aging. Grant No. R21 AG026013. 2/15/06-1/31/08.
- Hip Fracture Recovery in Males. (Magaziner, J., Principal Investigator; Resnick, B., Co- Investigator, among many others) 9/05-9/10.
- Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center (OAIC) . (Goldberg, A., Magaziner, J., Principal Investigators; Resnick, B. Co-investigator). Funded by National Institute of Aging Grant P60 AG12583. 07/01/06-06/30/11
- The National Tuberculosis Curriculum Consortium (NTCC). (Catanzaro, A., Principal Investigator, University of California, San Diego; Resnick, B.,
Co-investigator). Funded by the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute.
- Health Promotion Activities of the Older Adult. (Resnick, B., Principal Investigator). 9/98-ongoing.
- Resnick, B. (2008). Utilization of pen devices can improve diabetes treatment for LTC residents. Annal of long-term care. 16(11), 28-32.
- Yu-Yahiro J, Resnick B, Orwig D, et al. Design and Implementation of a Home-Based Exercise Program Post-Hip Fracture: The Baltimore Hip Studies Experience. Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, in press.
- Resnick, B., Gruber-Baldini A., Zimmerman S., Galik E, Pretzer-Aboff I, Russ K, Hebel R. Nursing Home Resident Outcomes from the Res-Care Intervention. Journal of the American Geriatrics society, in press.
- Resnick B.(2009). Promoting exercise for older adults. J Am Acad Nurse Pract. 21(2), 77-8.
- Galik EM, Resnick B, Pretzer-Aboff I. (2009). Knowing what makes them tick': motivating cognitively impaired older adults to participate in restorative care. Int J Nurs Pract., 15(1), 48-55
- Young, Y. & Resnick, B. Don't worry and be positive: what helps the most in functional recovery one year after hip fracture? An exit interview. Rehabilitation Nursing, in press.
Primary Teaching Areas:
Academic & Professional Activities:
- American Nurses Association. 1978 to present
- National Gerontological Nursing Association. 1982 to present
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. 1988 to present
- National Conference of Gerontological Nurse Practitioners. 1995 to present
- National Diabetes Education Program. 1995-1998.
- American Geriatrics Society. 1996 to present
- Gerontological Society of America. 1996 to present
- Eastern Nursing Research Society. 1996 to 2007.
- Southern Nursing Research Society. 2008
- Society of Behavioral Medicine. 1999-present
- American Medical Directors Association. 1998 to present.