VA Educational Benefits Information
You are here:
If you are a newly admitted or continuing student that is eligible to receive Veterans Administration education benefits and would like to use your benefits while attending UM please read the following instructions on how to proceed with becoming certified.
Documentation and Forms
All new students must submit the following documentation prior to being certified:
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty: Form DD214*
- Copy of Change of Program/Place of Training: Form 22-1995 or 22-5495.* Student should submit form to the Department of Veterans Affairs prior to requesting certification.
- Authorization of Certification of Entrance/Reentrance Form 28-1905 (if Chapter 31) with case manager's approval. Request for Supplies Form 28-1905m*
- VA Educational Benefits Form
- Copy of your student bill
* if applicable
Checking Your Status
Students are able to check their enrollment status via the WAVE website.
If more information is needed on the GI Bill, please visit the GI Bill website.
Contact Tara Zeeler, assistant director, scholarships and grants, with questions regarding VA paperwork.