Call for Abstracts
This year's summit focuses on building a culture of health in Maryland, through the lenses of health disparities and the transformation of nursing education. We invite abstract submissions for either podium or poster presentations. Abstracts that address the following areas will be reviewed.
Advancing a Culture of Health through various initiatives:
Submission Deadline: April 12, 2018
|Feb. 12, 2018||Call for abstracts opens|
|April 12, 2018||Abstract submission deadline|
|May 1, 2018||Abstract author notified|
|May 8, 2018||Abstract author confirms presentation|
Call for Abstract Guidelines
All abstracts must be submitted using the online submission process. Be sure to review both the submission and abstract guidelines before you begin. If you have questions during this process, contact us at email@example.com.
- Review the summit and abstract guidelines.
- Prepare abstract as a separate Word document and have all information ready before starting the submission process
- In the case of multiple authors, we recommend that only the primary presenter (person who will present at the summit) submit the abstract and required information.
- The primary presenter must provide the required information for all co-authors at the time of submission, whether or not co-authors plan to attend the summit. Abstracts that name co-authors, but fail to include the required information, will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
- Select the appropriate category for your work: advancing education transformation, removing barriers to practice and care, nursing leadership, or culture of health.
- Indicate your preference for a podium, poster, or either presentation. The review committee may request that you change from your preferred presentation format to another.
- Provide the title of your abstract as you want it to appear in the program.
- Copy and paste the text of your abstract into the box provided in the online form. The form will accept no more than 500 words. Longer abstracts will be truncated at 500 words.
- Incomplete forms, alternatively formatted submissions, emailed submissions, or faxed submissions will not be considered for review.
The primary presenter will receive email notification of the review committee's decision by May 1, 2018. The primary presenter is expected to relay this information to all co-authors.
Presenter Commitment and Registration
Your commitment to present and complete online registration for the primary presenter must be received on or before May 8, 2018. Failure to register by this deadline will constitute a decline to present.
Presenters are expected to register to attend the Summit and to pay registration and continuing education fee (if desired).
Guidelines for Presentations
Podium Presentations will be scheduled in 30 minute intervals and include time for Q & A.
Poster Presentations Poster presenters may set up at 8:15 a.m. Stands will be numbered, and you will be assigned a poster stand. The poster corkboard dimensions are 45 inches wide and 33 inches high. Posters should be printed on paper or other material that can be attached to the corkboard by push pins, which will be provided.
The poster session will take place from 12:15-1 p.m. Presenters should be stationed at their posters throughout this time and plan to remove the posters at the end of the Summit.